Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Breakfast /No Nap / Exercise / Smells Like...

Breakfast

Geoff had been asking for scones the last few weeks - "so you know the good little wife I am " - I made scones this morning. It was the first time I tried this recipe and man was it a score; definitely a keeper; C Monster even ate a little bit of a scone - and he eats noting. I found the recipe on Epicurious - Cranberry-Orange Scones; as always I modified the ingredients as follow:

1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoon grated blood orange peel
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 blood orange peeled, seeded, sectioned and diced
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

No comments: