Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

A little bit of everything

C Monster Turns 2 and I get a kiss

Last night I fell asleep in C Monster's bed; so I ended up spending the night. This morning when he woke up as always he wanted to nurse; after he was done he climbed on top of me and approached my face - I started squinting as I assumed he was going to climb on my head or something. Instead I got a good morning kiss - this was the first time I got a good morning kiss without asking for it.

Apricot Muffins

This morning felt like a muffin morning so I looked in the cupboard and decided what was old and should be baked - "Dried Apricots". After a quick search on Google I found a great recipe on All Recipes that I modified. Here are the changes to the ingredient list; the directions stayed pretty much as the original recipe.

1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 cup boiling water
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup ground panela
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 canola oil
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons kamut flakes
1 egg

Rain Boots

After our lovely muffin breakfast that C Monster actually ate - Hooray. I checked the weather and we got ready to head out to music class. Since the temperature was so nice already 1 with a high of 3 I decided that I would let C Monster wear his yellow rubber boots that he loves so much. (for those of you thinking 1 degree is still cold - music class is only 5 minutes away 10 max if he stops a lot) I just wanted to mention this because well here is hopping the nice weather stays. Melt melt melt away snow.

Garden Planning

When the weather starts turning to warm it's that time again to plan your garden - and yes the Wiseman's have a vegetable garden. So I grabbed my seeds from last year; colored pencils; a notepad; my new garden bible - Rodale's All-New Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening. I was lucky enough to get all my research done while C Monster napped but when he woke up I still have the layout to draw up - I sat him down with me at the table and gave him some crayons and a few pieces of paper and asked him to draw his own vegetable garden.












So you ask what are we planting? - Tomatoes; Basil; Radishes; Bell Peppers; Beets; Hot Peppers; Broccoli; Celery; Cauliflower ; Green Beans; Chard; Collards; Kale; Mint; Parsley; Edemame; Lettuce; Spinach; Chives; Sage; Onions and Carrots.

We planted most of these successfully last year except for Broccoli; Edemame; Spinach and Onions. All of witch except Edemame I tried last year and failed - This year I read up on them and will try a few different things and fingers crossed everything will grow.

Motorcycle In Papa's Eye


A 2 year old takes down an adult with a motorcycle. Tonight when I went up to C Monster's room to check on how the bedtime routine was going I found Papa sitting on the bed holding his right eye. Here is the conversation:

Me: Are you OK?
Papa: C Monster hit me in the eye with a motorcycle.
Me: I've told you before you are bigger then him.
Papa: So.

Goodnight all it's time for me to watch Chuck.

No comments: