Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seedlings, Supper and Terrible Twos

Seedlings

This afternoon C Monster and I planted most of our seedlings for the vegetable garden. I say most because I am recycling plastic containers, toilet paper rolls and other various containers for planters - and well ran out of planters. I bought a bag of potting soil and dragged it into the kitchen were we worked together at filing all the containers - C Monster quite enjoyed playing with dirt in the house. I did the actual seed planting because C Monster was way to excited and I am pretty sure if I would have let him handle the seeds they would of all ended up on the ground.

We planted chard, kale, onions, broccoli, cauliflower and beans. The seedlings are going to be placed on the window box in our master bedroom; until they sprout I am going to keep them in plastic bags - this causes a greenhouse effect.










Supper

Tonight for supper I think I outdid myself we had homemade soda bread; lemonade and soup. The soda bread was crazy good. As always I followed a recipe but modified the ingredients - Irish Soda Bread with Dates by Phoebe Bites.

All-purpose flour, 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons
Whole Wheat Bread Flour, 2 cups
Granulated sugar, 1/4 cup
Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
Salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons
Unsalted butter, 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick), cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Whole milk, 1 3/4 cup
Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 teaspoon
Egg, 1 extra-large
Zest of 3 Blood oranges
Cranberries dried, 1 cup
Flax seeds, 1/4 cup
Pumpkin Seeds, 1/2 cup

Terrible Twos


I try really hard to only use positive discipline - try not to say no. Today well I was not that good at it; I caught myself over and over saying no out of frustration as C Monster was driving me crazy with his shenanigans.
  1. Tackles E Monster not once not twice but 5 times during their play date
  2. Dumps his snack on the floor 2 seconds after I give it to him
  3. Discovers if he shakes is sippy cup that contained smoothie it will splash all over the place
  4. Spits at E Monster
  5. Throws is edamame all over the kitchen
  6. Throws one of the planters for my seedlings up in the air when it's full of dirt
  7. Bit me
  8. Pinched my nipple when I told him he could not nurse
  9. Kicked me in the face while nursing (twice) - this is why I told him he could not nurse
  10. Dumped his soup in his juice then asked for more juice
  11. Raspberry style spit in my face
Despite all of those crazy annoying things C Monster did today he also:
  1. Kissed me good morning
  2. Helped me pot my seedlings
  3. Ran around the house wearing a crown for most of the day
  4. Helped clean up the potting mess
  5. Let E Monster play with his favorite toy all morning
  6. Said mine and mmm to the bread I baked
  7. Sat on the potty
  8. Is asking for help when needing instead of screaming in frustration
  9. Kinda let me brush his teeth (only after a fight)
  10. Kissed E Monster all better every time he tackled her without me asking him to
  11. Gave me a great big hug ans kiss goodnight


Geoff hurry up and finish the book on discipline you are reading....

No comments: