Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Vacation in Moncton Part 1

After the painful flight to New Brunswick we (Christophe and I) spent the first part of our trip at my sisters Cathy's house. I just love her place, she lives out of the city on a large property that was once most likely a farm.

Christophe spent his days chasing Coco the cat, learning how to climb stairs (supervised of course), playing with my sisters dishes, watching the blue jays and chickadees eat from the bird feeders and most importantly playing and getting to know uncle Quinn and tante Cathy.

My sister also waited for us to put up her tree, the video below is of Christophe playing or "helping" with the unpacking of the decorations.

While at my sisters we when to the local health food shop so I could pick up a few necessities to maintain a somewhat healthy diet while I was there. Organic snacks for Christophe, Organic beans, hemp seeds, salba seeds...

I am please to say that I introduced hemp and salba seeds to my sister, she kept the left overs for herself. I often sneak both of these seeds in Christophe's food; add to oatmeal; roll fruit in them. Hemp seeds are a source Omega-3, Omega-6, Omega-9 and vitamin E; it's also a complete protein. Salba is a source of calcium, antioxidants, potassium, iron, Omega-3, magnesium and brand.

Whenever we spend time at my sisters house it reminds me how much I love nature.

No comments: