Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Facebook vs Breastfeeding

Many moms out-there already are aware of the fact that Facebook has taken a stand that breast-feeding pictures should not be aloud on there website. If you upload such a picture you risk the chance of having it deleted and even worst your account closed due to obscene content.

As the breastfeeding "activist" I am I have joined the group Hey, Facebook, breastfeeding is not obscene!(Official petition to Facebook) and uploaded a picture of Christophe nursing that Geoff took. As it stands my image is still up on facebook.

Yesterday I was contacted by the El Mercurio, as they wanted to us the image for an article they were writing on the subject. I actually remembered enough Spanish from school to read and understand the article.

As it stands today Facebook still considers breastfeeding pictures obscene and the petition group has over 125 000 members.

No comments: