Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Update

I have been too busy and sleep deprived to blog; so here is the update on Christophe health.

The jaundice is under control, he is steadily gaining weight - today he weight in at 7lbs 10oz. Getting him to this point was not easy on mom. We spent a few days with a every 2 hour feeding schedule that drained every bit of energy out of me.

We are still breast-feeding; however I am having milk quantity issues and am pumping to try to encourage the supply. I am also taking blessed thistle and fenugreek supplements to help my milk come in fully. Each day there seems to be a bit more so perseverance, perseverance, perseverance.

One of the things that have been the hardest on me emotionally is supplementing. Because I do not have enough milk to satisfy him we are giving him formula at each meal. I am finally able to look at this as medicine not formula but it took a while and a lot of tears.

This is a picture Geoff took at the hospital when we brought Christophe in for one of his bilirubin test last week.



On Monday we had our first visit with our family doctor Dr. Sood; it was a short visit as the sole purpose was to get a requisition for a CF test. For those of you who do not know CF runs on both sides of my family. While Christophe was still in me I got tested for CF and everything came back saying I was not a carrier of the gene however the genetic counsler wanted us to have him tested just in case; but at this point we are not worried. His test is at the Hospital for Sick Kids on March 25. I hope that this will be the only time he will need to go there in his life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your little Christophe is so handsome! He just looks perfect!