Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pregnancy Rant

Now that I have past the 8 month mark I am going to share all the things I have learned and discovered about being pregnant. (Well at lease for me because I am led to believe the experience is different from person to person.

WARNING - some of you may think some items are gross or to descriptive...
  • Minty toothpaste can make one want to puke, all natural toothpaste is much better
  • Lemonade - yummy
  • Heart burn - not so yummy (Can you believe I never had heart burn before)
  • Cal Meg by Genestra is a great remedy for heart burn until you experience the evilest of heart burns then Tums become your best friend
  • Smoothie Tums taste better then all the others
  • Scrambled eggs - yummy
  • Scrambled eggs with vegetables (kinda like a deconstructed omelet) - YUMMY
  • Sacrificing things you love because you know there is another person inside of you
  • Unconditional love for someone you have not even met yet
  • Crying for no apparent reason
  • Crying for what seems to be a good reason at the time however your husband thinks you have gone mad
  • long soaks in the tub are amazing
  • The feeling of a little person kicking you in the ribs (somehow this makes me smile even though it hurts)
  • Restless legs syndrome - RLS (now I understand how Geoff often feels)
  • Magnelevures by Unda is amazing for RLS - however very expensive
  • That raspberry leaf tea taste pretty good; however after 2 months of it its the worst drink on earth
  • A re-appreciation for raspberry leaf tea once my naturophath switch me to raspberry leaf tea extracts
  • When you are pregnant you always seem to drop everything (force the lady with the big belly to bend down)
  • Pee pee pee that is all I have to say
  • Yeast infections (would you believe I never had one until I was pregnant)
  • The stomach flue is never fun however; it is really bad when you are stuck on the bathroom floor and can not get up due to the combination of a big belly and no energy.
  • Extremely cut little boys clothing
  • Everything in the world seems to have toxic chemicals in it
  • Baby toys are fun and cute and expensive
  • That everyone wants to touch your belly
  • That everyone has something to share about there experience with children, even people who do not have kids
  • The whole world is pregnant (every wheres I go I see women with swollen bellies; I guess you just don't notice them until you are one of them)
  • Pillows lots and lots of pillows are the only way you can get comfortable
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome and how to cope with it
  • Hip pain ( I guess this is a good pain; since your hips need to widen to let baby threw)
  • Maternity underwear rule they are so comfy (I think I may even continue wearing them after)
  • Yoga is a saving grace
  • Shiatsu is complicated when you have restless legs ( it's hard to stay still for the therapist to work)
  • Not to be afraid to ask for help
  • How much my husband really loves me
  • Having a TV in the bedroom is really not that bad even though I fought it for 7 years.
  • There is nothing good on the after midnight
  • Doing dishes when you are "fat" hurts your back
  • I can no longer reach the bottom of the washing machine
  • Watching other peoples kids make me smile
  • Finding baby clothes in my laundry is neat
  • Opening and installing your car seat kinda makes everything feel real
  • Having a car seat in your car is weird
  • Selecting items for your wee one is made way too complicated by an over saturated market full of junk and useless items for babies
  • Everyone and there sister will have an opinion on a home birth ( not always a positive one)
  • Midwives rule
  • One can never drink enough water
  • Seeing your baby for the first time (ultrasound) is the best feeling in the world
  • Leaky breast
  • No belly button
  • Confirmation that the brown spot at the bottom of my belly button is really a birth mark and not dirt stuck there for 29 years (oops I just gave away my age)
  • Spicy foods give you heart burn however I crave them so I seem to forget this one over an and over again
  • Anything related to babies on TV will make you cry
  • Sore shoulders from sleeping on your side
  • Nesting
  • Lopsided bellies - this one makes me smile
  • It is amazing how much energy you can have when you are an insomniac; however eventually you crash and sleep.
  • That good friends are hard to come by and we are lucky we have a few (you know who you are)
  • How much Geoff's family is really mine too
  • How much I miss my mom and dad
  • That the world does not stop if you leave work at 5pm
  • How to say no (sometimes)
  • A stuffed up nose - all the time
  • Being able to eat all sorts of things that I used to have intolerances too, baby gave me super stomach .

I am sure I can go on and on forever but we will end it here.

No comments: