Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

FARMER'S FRUIT MARKET - OPEN

For over a month a sign at 1620 Gerrard Street East in bright green letters has been taunting the Coxwell and Gerrard area .  All it read  "Farmer's Fruit Market" no date when it is opening or any other information.  Today as I went for my walk to No Frills to my surprise the little market was open.  They were not fully stocked yet but the produce they had was beautiful and well priced.  They were obviously overwhelm by the amount on customers on there first day open. That did not stop almost every customer in there from buying something and saying as they were paying we will be back and man are we ever happy you opened.

I picked up everything I was planning on buying at No Frills and checked out in probably half the time it would have taken me at the grocery store.

Here is what I bought with todays prices:

Fresh Grapes - $2.94
Zucchini - $0.20
Strawberries - $1.59
Organic Blueberries - 2 @ $1.99 each

for a total of $8.71

No comments: