Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Peanut Butter 4 All - Part 2

About a week ago I went on a Nut Butter kick and a new household favorite waffle recipe came out of it.

I love making waffles I find they are easier to make then pancakes and you can freeze the extras and just pop them in the toaster like a Eggo to heat them.  Best of all C Monster will eat pretty much no matter what I hide in them.  Such a sneaky mom I am.

The original recipe was from Global Gourmet and was called Peanut Butter Waffles. As always I changed it up a bit here is the recipe I came up with:

Almond Butter Waffles


Ingredients:
 1 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
 2 tbsp. baking powder
 1 tbsp. panella or brown sugar
 1/4 tsp. salt
 2 large eggs
 4 tablespoons canola oil
 2/3 cup almond butter
 1-3/4 cups milk
 2 banana, diced
 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour

Directions:
1. Heat the waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, using a whisk or with an electric mixer on low speed, beat the eggs, oil, almond butter, and milk until foamy, about 1 minute. Pour the peanut butter-milk mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened and smooth. Fold in the diced banana.
3. cook as per your waffle iron's directions

4. Enjoy with real maple syrup

Looking Forward Too

Crossing all the items off my to do list... (it's getting long :-)

No comments: