Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

it's friday already

This week just zoomed by.  This morning was spent at our friends house Jessica and Z Monster for are weekly "moms play-date and lunch" - we had such a great time.  C Monster always is so excited to see all his friends.

Lets back up a bit and recap this weeks highlights....

Tuesday

C Monster and I headed out to the AGO for a field trip.  Grandma gave me a membership and I figured I need to make sure we use it.  One of my friends informed us that the AGO have a great space for kids to play and be creative - Off the Wall.  C Monster loved it and in his words said "more" as we left; this is definitely a new permanent destination for us.  We will try to make it once a month same as the Science Center.

Off the Wall is free, no need for a membership or a ticket you can just walk right in. It's open on Tuesday's from 10am to 1pm and on Weekends from 10am to 4pm.  I don't know how busy they get on the weekends but it was not too bad on Tuesday - really seemed like just the right amount of kids for the space.
C Monster spent his time drawing with chalk and markers, building towers from blocks and my favorite playing with a giant staking toy made out of a medal rod and everyday items like: shoes, plates, funnels to name a few.  I would post a good picture of him but every-time I went to take a shot he ran off to the next thing - I guess he was having fun.

Wednesday
Play dates all around...  C Monster's favorite activity is playing with his friends - I try to arrange play dates for him as much as I can.  I love play-dates because they teach him all sorts of things.
  1. Help teach him to share
  2. How to interact with others
  3. Develops social skills in general
  4. New and difrent stimulation (when playdate is at someone else's house)
I am sure there are all sorts of other reasons but these are the ones that come to mind first.  Also I find this is a little slice of sanity for mothers - after spending day-in day-out interacting with a toddler it's nice to have an adult (other then your husband) to talk to that relates with you.  Other moms and nanny's are like your co-workers (the good co-workers that become friends too).

So in the morning we had a play-date at our house with Lisa and A Monster and in the afternoon we travel the ever so far trek to Jessica's and Z Monster for a afternoon of fun. (they are our neighbors)

Thursday

Off to Sports Ball in the AM - C Monster is amazing me with his listening skills and just his patiance in waiting his turn.  When we got to class the babies class that is before ours was wrapping up; I told C Monster he had to sit and watch until that class was over and he did.  I was so proud; some of the other toddlers where running around like crazy distracting the class but my guy was sitting and enjoining some snack with a few friends.

In the afternoon we had a gardening play-date planned but the weather said otherwise so I came up with cookies instead.  I made the dough while C Monster was sleeping and then placed it in the fridge; once our little friend F Monster arrived with Debra we rolled out the dough and cut out the cookies.  C Monster preferred eating the dough then cutting it but he had fun and that is all that matters.

"Healthy" Gingerbread Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
2 limes, zest only
2 tbsp. yucca syrup
1 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1  cups panela
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tbsp oat bran
2 tbsp wheat germ
1 tsp groud flax seeds
2 tbsp pulverrised kale or swiss chard, chopped up extra fine in food processor

Directions:
1. Cream the butter and the panela together. Add the egg and mix well. Mix in the zest and yucca syrup. Add remaining ingredients, mixing until well combined. Chill dough for at least 2 hours, I like to chill overnight.

 2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.

 3. Bake for 7-8 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are lightly toasted on the edges. Makes around 60 cookies.

Friday

And it brings us back to Friday...

Looking Forward To

Going to Aunt Tara's house tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI-on the website you linked it says the Off the Wall program is included WITH regular admission-just so readers don't run over thinking it won't cost them a thing:)

Pierrette said...

Thanks for pointing this out, I sent AGO the following letter to clarify since we were never carded on the way in I assumed it was free...

"Hello,

I went with my son to off the wall this pass week. I am a member so I went up to the membership desk and they informed me I did not need a ticket to get in as it was not ticketed that area. It was true we just were able to walk right in.

I also write a family blog and when I wrote about off the wall someone pointed out to me that on your website it says included in general admission - so what is it free or are you supposed to have a ticket?

I would like to clarify this on my blog for my readers.

Thank you.

Pierrette
http://wisemanconspiracy.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-friday-already.html"