How to avoid MSG:
- Check labels to see if food contains MSG
- Check labels to see if they contain hydrolyzed proteins, glutamic acid (these both contain MSG)
- Inquire if foods contain MSG when eating out. Big culprits of this are deli counters and chinese food.
- Avoid foods containing hydrolyzed corn gluten and hydrolyzed wheat protein as these may contain hidden MSG
- Avoid the sweetener neotame as it has a similar effect on the body then MSG.
Want help remembering what chemicals to avoid check out my quick guide to chemical additives.