Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Controversial Motrin Moms Commercial

There is all this talk on blogs, twitter and just about anywheres else where people can voice their opinions about this add, so I looked it up to watch it; since by the time I heard about it Motrin had already pulled it. I am glad they did since this add gives you a false idea of baby wearing. If you are correctly wearing your baby it does not hurt, ever. I still wear my son at 20lbs regularly, now I don't wear him all day like I used to but that is not because it hurst it's because I get to tired from caring and extra 20lbs around and Motrin is not going to give me more energy.

I think Motrin was pretty stupid to think they could get away with this commercial and launching it on a friday was suicidal it gave moms the whole weekend to get work-up about it.

What's your thoughts on this?

1 comment:

Kim said...

"So if I look tired and crazy, people will understand why".

Wow. I had no idea that my babywearing was the cause of my tiredness and crazyness!! Where was this ad when I was busy carrying Sebastian! Ha ha...

It's a ridiculous ad, one in which I actually did find offensive - smart move on their part to pull it. A bunch of tired and crazy babywearing moms (and dads) protesting is surely not a pleasant sight! =)