Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tasty Tuesdays

OK I know I am a day late with this one...

This is something simple and easy to make that dresses up any drink... During the summer months many of you guys know that I live making ice-tea and have even found a few blends that taste pretty much like KoolAid but with no sugar. Durring the past few weeks I have started making a variety of ice cubs to add to my drinks.

Just take an ice cube tray fill up each section just shy of half way with water. Add a few leafs of fresh mint to each section and place in the freezer for 2 hours. After the 2 hours finish filling up the ice cub tray with water and freeze until solid. The reason why you do these in 2 steps is to make sure the leaf gets trapped in the center. I like using perfect cube shaped silicon ice cube trays; Tovolo makes some great ones that can also be used to freeze baby food.

I have also made these following the same steps with fresh raspberries (about 2 per cube), Blueberries (3-5 per cube), strawberry slices. I am sure you could use almost any fruit.

For those of you wondering what is the magical KoolAid tea . Both of them are from The Tea Emporium in Toronto: Sunburst Raspberry and Blend 1592. For Blend 1592 I add about 1 tablespoon of honey per 1 litre of tea, add the honey when the tea is hot. Sunburst Raspberry is perfect just as is.

No comments: