Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Greening Your Laundry

Greening our laundry

For a long time now we have been using eco-friendly laundry soap and washing in cold water (except for diapers); but there are so many more thing we can do to green our laundry.
Last week I bought a retractable clothesline from Home Hardware.  I think the reason we never got around to this sooner is that we have been working on the backyard and house now for 8 years - everything pretty much done so we are now adding the finishing touches.  I have to say I look back at things I have done in the past that were not the best for the planet and one that stands out in my head - is taking down the existing clothesline that was up when we bought the house.

I also picked up from Home Hardware bamboo clothespins.  These are sustainable and very strong compared to your typical plastic or wood clothespin.

The last thing we decided to do is start using towels twice before washing them.  In order to tell mine, papa and C Monster's apart I decorated some clothespins with stickers.  We clip the pin on our towel to tell who's who's.

Looking forward to

Making some eggplant packed on oil and dried blueberries.

No comments: