Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

quick and easy summer drink


For those of you who know me you know you wont find any sugary or fizzy store bought drinks in my house. A great alternative to these are iced teas.

Cool and refreshing
Steep 2 tea bags of mint or speermint tea in 1 litre of water for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags let cool to room add 4 to 6 mint leaves and chill in refrigerator.

Gingery Tea
Steep 2 bag of rooibos tea in 1 litre of water for about 7 minutes. Remove tea bags add 4-6 slices of fresh ginger (leave peels on). Let cool to room temperature then chill in refrigerator.

Over the summer I will be experiencing with other teas and will let you guys know if I find any other pleasant mixes.

Image by: Arria Belli

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you know what I find a nice summer drink. Freshly squeezed lemons for a lemonade and bruised mint leaves. So fresh. Yum.
Your drinks sound refreshing as well!