A while back we posted about vaccination and that we were trying to figure out what to do. A few months have past and I think we have it figured out. We read tones of websites and documentations on the various vaccinations; below is our reading list:
The Vaccine Book by Robert W. Sears
I am sure many of you are wondering what we have decided to do. The basics that we decided to follow is:
- no vaccinations until 6 months or older
- only one injection per visit
- a minimum of 3 months between each injection
- delay the MMR until at least 2 years of age
- only give the chickenpox vaccine at the age of 7 years assuming he has not been exposed to this virus
- no influenza (flue shot) vaccine since this one still contains mercury
I want to give a shout out to Kim as if it was not for her I would not have had such a great list of websites as references. Thanks.
Once we show our proposed schedule to our doctor I will let you guys know what he though about it.