Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

I Am Not A Paper Cup

Pierrette bought this for me just before the kitchen renovation:



I've finally dug the coffee grinder out from one of the various boxes, and so I've started to use the cup, and I'm actually pretty fond of it. Besides the kitsch of a ceramic cup that looks like a paper one, it's a decent size, it feels good to the hand, it's got good thermal insulation (I can't even tell there's hot coffee in there once it's closed), which means the coffee stays fairly warm, and it doesn't seem to leak, which has been a problem for me with lots of plastic cups with rubber washers and screw threads that you'd think would prevent such a thing.

Anyway -- I'm pleased.

1 comment:

Geoffrey Wiseman said...

Unfortunately, after several months of use, the lid has started to leak a little. Not tons, but enough to be irritating, particularly if you might, for instance wear a white shirt.