Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cookbook Cleaning

Life has been busy during the last few weeks but in all the craziness of doctor appointments, dentist visits, playdates, classes and mama getting a tattoo. I decided to start cleaning my cookbook stash.  I will choose one cookbook at a time a work my way threw it trying a variety of recipes. The first book I am working with is "Company's Coming Meatless Cooking".  

I bough this book about a year ago thinking that it would be nice to have some recipes to make homemade veggie burgers and sausages; however was highly disappointed when I realized how many of the recipes include cream of mushroom soup or condense tomato soup. - Ingredients we never use in our house. That being said we have had a few great recipes from this book like "Dhal" and "Chessy Nut Bake".

I also found a few recipes that once altered a bit were a hit with C Monster.
So all in all I don't think I would recommend this cookbook and will probably not keep mine; just copy the recipes I like.

No comments: